August 3, 2007

Photo journal


The restaurant and pub strip nearby. Great butcher, great Indian restaurant, great gelateria for the kids. Scary 'English' pub that smells a bit mouldy, and not bad Belgian Bar & Tabac...if you like Belgian beer. I don't mind Chimay, but have to really be in the mood for it. There's a menu of about 50 beers, and we are slowly working our way through it. So far I have to say I am quite happy with an ice-cold Tiger (the local brew) than any of our choices.

Nothing like a piece of fried dough topped with curry after a morning run. As Jimmy-the-writer Howard pointed out, nothing like a piece of fried dough with curry to give you the morning runs. Heh heh.

Bukit Timah canal -- usually peaceful but turbid and swirling during monsoon season. Flash floods and torrential rains were an accepted danger before canals were built. Living in the Bukit Timah area which is low lying and prone to flooding, I am grateful for this major canal, part of a network that drains to the waterways of Singapore.

The resident dragon in our garden.

A school bus very different fron the big yellow bus that's an icon in the USA.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

YEAH!!! pictures.
you go girl!
can I link to you on my blog?

sophie said...

Hello there! I love your Profile presentation. You should write more!
take care and hugs to the girls.
sophie